17 May 2019
For you guys who don’t know me by name, I am the ‘pommie chick’ (direct quote) who you will usually find at our 24 hour gym at Moonee or making regular appearances on the floor at Toormina.
I am setting out to provide regular content relating to fitness, food and all things Coffs Coast Health Club. So keep an eye out for upcoming posts. I have now been with the regions most awarded 24 hour gym for just over a year and I thought I’d let you know about 10 things you might not know about me…
- Although I talk with a pommie accent I was actually born in Auckland New Zealand and I spoke with a kiwi accent until I was eight years old.
- Before I was a personal trainer, I was a lecturer in Photography at Plymouth College of Art. Photography is my other passion.
- I made Coffs Harbour my home early last year. However, I have been coming to Coffs since I was very young. I have always had family here.
- When I was growing up I wanted to be a dancer. For any of you who know me, or have had the pleasure of my aerobics warm up’s, you will know why this didn’t take off!
- Previously I did not understand the appeal of a gym. I was a long distance runner who hadn’t realised the benefits and advantages gym training could provide me. With experience and education I found the gym was a great place to work on myself, both for physical and mental health reasons.
- I’m terrified of heights, spiders and masks (I hate clowns)
- My favourite food is…(now this is a hard one as you will struggle to find a food I don’t like) but I’ll go with Pizza or Hot Thai Curry
- Oh I also love Ice Cream and I will often drive to Bellingen just to visit The Bellingen Gelato Bar. The Dark Chocolate Sorbet is to die for.
- My second love after my cat, Sydney ;P is my husband Dan. He’s a chef at Treeo in Sawtell. We joke that he makes people fatter and I make people thinner!
- My favourite flower is a Sunflower (just in case you’re feeling generous)
My tip this week:
Food plays a huge part in our health and recovery. Dust off your slow cooker from the back of the cupboard and embrace this colder weather by making a healthy stew packed with protein and veggies. Make enough for several days and take the pressure off meals times this week. Here’s a great recipe to get you started:https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/simple-slow-cooker-beef-stew/29e5e30a-2d0e-4b07-8e0c-6718bd0c6249A lot of my clients have many external factors that affect them on a daily basis. This can have a massive impact on their motivation to keep up with their training and adhering to a healthy diet. If you are one of those people I will leave you today with this quote…“It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” — Epictetus
If you want to catch up, please feel free to DM me firstname.lastname@example.org or follow my Facebook Jen Lou Fitness at Coffs Coast Health Club or Instagram @jenloufit